Enhancing the credibility and transparency of your reporting
Given the difficulty of valuing illiquid assets and the potential for conflict of interest, private equity firms, hedge funds, other investment managers and financial institutions can rely on us for independent third-party valuation services.
Our portfolio valuation services and expert advice can help clients enhance the credibility and transparency of investor reporting and provide benchmarks and support for fund raising and management fees. Whether you report under SFAS 157 or IAS 39, the practice of reporting investments at cost until portfolio companies or securities are sold is no longer compliant under U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
We are a leading advisor on valuations required under SFAS 157 and IAS 39 due to our deep portfolio, private-company and derivatives valuation experience, and our strong relationships with regulators and auditors.
We value a broad range of complex securities, strategies and derivatives, including:
- Illiquid debt and equity securities
- Complex derivative instruments
- Mortgage-backed securities
- Collateralised debt obligations
- Collateralised loan obligations
- Auction-rate securities
- PIPE investments
- Leveraged loans, including senior secured debt, secured lien loans and subordinated loans
- Convertible arbitrage strategies
- Joint venture investments
- Trade claims and bankruptcy claims
- Property investments
- Emerging market securities
Portfolio Valuation Contacts