Helping clients navigate new rules regarding goodwill and business combination accounting
New rules regarding goodwill and business combination accounting require more time from management to test and manage goodwill and intangible assets. As a leader in valuation services for financial reporting purposes, we help our clients manage the broad array of issues arising from these accounting changes.
- Step 1 and Step 2 goodwill impairment testing
- Allocation of purchase price to goodwill
- Re-lifing and impairment testing for other intangible assets
- Allocation of existing goodwill and intangibles across reporting units
- Analysis of pro forma earnings per share for future acquisitions