Leonardo & Co. Advises Italmobiliare

Leonardo & Co., in association with Houlihan Lokey, is pleased to announce that Italmobiliare S.p.A. has acquired a majority stake in Caffè Borbone from the Renda family. The transaction closed on May 3, 2018.

Italmobiliare is an investment holding company controlled by the Pesenti family and listed on the Milan Stock Exchange with a market capitalization equal to approximately €​1 billion as of May 2018. The company owns and manages a diversified portfolio of company investments.

Aromatika s.r.l., the company owning the Caffè Borbone brand and controlled by the Renda family, represents an Italian iconic and successful story of a local coffee-roasting player that has rapidly become one of the top names on the national market and a leading provider of compatible coffee capsules and pods—currently the most dynamic and fastest-growing segment in the coffee industry. Caffé Borbone is expanding at an annual rate of approximately 40% and reached a turnover of approximately €94 million in 2017.

As provided for by the investment agreements, Aromatika will be controlled by a NewCo in which Italmobiliare will invest approximately €140 million and hold a 60% stake, while its founder, Massimo Renda, will own the remaining 40% stake.

Leonardo & Co., in association with Houlihan Lokey, served as exclusive financial advisor to Italmobiliare throughout the acquisition process and led the structuring and negotiation of the comprehensive financing package to complete the transaction, reaching optimal capital structure with attractive pricing and flexibility.


You are about to leave
Houlihan Lokey's website

The link below leads to a website that is not
owned by Houlihan Lokey.

Continue to the external website,
close the window to remain on HL.com